Investing in Innovation to Achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Tuesday, July 19th, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
Generously Hosted by
The Cornerstone Capital Group
1180 Avenue of the Americas, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10036
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a set of 17 ambitious global goals adopted by all member countries of the United Nations. They represent a vision and collective action plan for a better world – from ending severe poverty, to achieving gender equality, and making significant gains in conservation and environmental sustainability by 2030. Catalyzed and led by the United Nations, it requires a true public-private effort.
In this workshop, you will hear from among the world’s institutional, business and financial leaders in this grand undertaking, including from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) — the lead UN agency responsible for partnering with governments, businesses, and individuals around the globe to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As innovation is key to achieving breakthrough solutions for humanity’s vexing challenges, we will explore the role of innovation – and approaches to investing in innovation – occurring now in business/financial markets, philanthropy, and social and environmental organizations including the UN. We will hear examples and listen to the wisdom of innovative practitioners leading this movement to build the world we all want.
- Ron Cordes, Co-Founder, Cordes Foundation; Executive Co-Chairman, AssetMark; Haas School of Business Alum
- Nik Sekhran, Chief of Profession, Sustainable Development Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP
- Deborah Stern (Moderator), Founding Principal, 2020 Strategies, LLC; Haas School of Business Alumna
- Benjamin Kumpf, Innovation Policy Specialist, UNDP Innovation Facility Team
- John Wilson, Head of Corporate Governance, Engagement & Research, Cornerstone Capital Group
- 6:00 – 6:30 pm – Registration, Refreshments & Networking
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm – Discussion and Q&A
- 7:30 – 8:00 pm – Refreshments & Networking
Tickets (purchase here)
- Early bird tickets: $20 – until July 8
- Standard tickets: $25 – after July 8
- Current, admitted and prospective students: $15
- Ticket price includes refreshments and networking
Registration required. Registration is not limited to Haas or U.C. alumni. It is open to anyone interested in global sustainability.
Cancellation policy: We do not issue refunds for cancellations less than 48 hrs in advance.
Organizer contact: Jabril Bensedrine (co-VP, Professional Development, NYC Berkeley-Haas Alumni)