Healthcare Mega Mergers: Implications of Provider and Payer Consolidation
When: Thursday, October 20, 2016. 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Where: Commonwealth Fund, 1 E. 75th St., NY, NY 10021
How: REGISTER HERE
What: Physician practices have consolidated substantially in recent years, with hospitals and provider networks acquiring competitors at a rapid pace. Some of the largest health insurance plans have completed or explored mergers, including Aetna/Humana, Anthem/Cigna, and Centene/HealthNet.
- What are the drivers of this consolidation trend and will it continue?
- What are the impact and risks for patients, providers and health systems?
- Does this consolidation and growth model offer meaningful benefit to shareholders?
Tanya Shah, Senior Program Officer, Delivery System Reform, The Commonwealth Fund
- Berkeley connection: Triple Bear – Ms. Shah holds a B.A. in International Development Studies, an M.B.A., and an M.P.H. in Health Policy and Management from the University of California at Berkeley.
Dr. Jay Motola, Senior Faculty, The Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Eric C. Schneider, Senior Vice President for Policy and Research, The Commonwealth Fund
- Berkeley/UC connection: Dr. Schneider holds an M.Sc. from the University of California, Berkeley and an M.D. from the University of California, San Francisco.
Mandar Vadhavkar, Managing Director, Global Healthcare Investment Banking, Bank of America
Registration required. The event is organized by the Berkeley-Haas Alumni Network’s New York City Chapter, but is open to anyone interested in healthcare.
Please update your RSVP if you are unable to attend as a courtesy to other interested people.
Organizer contact: Alex Pederson (co-VP, Social, NYC Berkeley-Haas Alumni)